2010년 3월 16일 화요일

My Grandfather

March 13th is the day my grandfather passed away. I did not know much about my grandfather since he passed away when he was 31 years old because of car accident.
This year's memorial day, as usual, all my family members were preparing for memorial
service. Suddenly, three old men pushed a doorbell and dad went out to the porch to se who
they are. Three old man asked my dad, " Are you Pyung Dong Chang's son Pyung Jin Ho?",
dad said, "Yes, I'm sorry but who are you?" Then they said " We are your father's old friend."
My father surprised a lot and appreciated not forgetting grandfather's Memorial Day. Everybody gathered in the living room to talk about grandfather. One friend said, "Dong Chang was such a intelligent man, if he still alive, he would be at least mayor of this city..." After that, we talked about for a long time even in dinner time. To make a long story short, grandfather graduated Dong-Guk University, he majored in English Literature. In 1960's in Korea, Korean who speaks English fluently were hard to find, but my grandfather spoke English fluently so he worked s a interpreter between U. S. army and Korean army. Also, he was a Taekwondo coach. I
was pitiful about my grandfather and so proud to be a granddaughter of him.
It was really good time to know more about my grandfather. I will not forget him in my heart forever.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기